Families protest for inquest into miner's deaths

СНТ Медвежьи Озера. Общение дачников и отдыхающих в Медвежьих Озерах
geemong

Сообщение geemong » 22 апр 2022, 08:32

Изображение

The families of four men who died in a coal mine more than 10 years ago have been demanding progress on the inquests into their deaths.

slot 168 80 – 100 games are over. You can collect the amount of profit or loss of 80 – 100 games and analyze them.

They said there were still unanswered questions about what led to the incident at the Gleision mine.

Charles Breslin, 62, David Powell, 50, Phillip Hill, 44, and Garry Jenkins, 39, died when water flooded the drift mine on 15 September 2011.

Swansea and Neath Port Talbot Coroner's office said it could not comment.

The rescue effort received global attention, but just three men survived.

In 2014, the manager and owners of the Swansea Valley mine were cleared of manslaughter charges.

More than a decade after the incident near Cilybebyll, the men's families believe an inquest could get them the answers they are searching for.

"What did happen on that day? They say it's an accident, an accident is something that can't be helped. I too think there are answers there," said Mavis Breslin, the widow of Charles Breslin.

"Ten years and seven months. It's a very long time to wait for answers. I didn't think we'd have to wait this long at all, I don't think any of us did."

Survivors Jake Wyatt, 68, and Nigel Evans, 49, previously spoke of alleged illegal workings in the mine and said they felt authorities had failed to get to the bottom of what might have caused the miners' deaths.

Вернуться в «Дачники (Коттеджные поселки, СНТ)»